Friday, June 24, 2011

Love Stories: Silly Situations

“I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox” – Woody Allen


I wish I could tell of you of a love that started out purely and classically romantic. But I can’t. No romance, no cute flirty sayings, just a girl who really needed to use the bathroom and a boy who just happened to be using it at the same time. Now you’re probably all wondering why I was in the men’s bathroom to begin with, but they were cleaning the women’s bathroom on my dormroom's floor and I thought I could sneak into the men’s bathroom quickly without anyone noticing. I pushed the bathroom door to go in and he pulled it from the other side to leave. I froze, stared at how cute he was for a second, and managed to stupidly blurt out, “I’m sorry. Can I pee with you?” Very classy, I know. He then said something like, “Uh... okay...” It was a little traumatizing to say the least.

As awkward as this encounter was, I’m glad that it happened. We shared a laugh at how awkward the situation was at our next run-in and it led to hello’s in the hallway, talks in the common area, and eventually walks around our campus and dates at the dining hall. Soon we were hanging out every chance we got and now four years later, we are still going strong and getting ourselves into as many silly situations as possible. We’ve had countless picnics in Central Park. We’ve watched too many marathons of House and Law & Order SVU. We’ve spent a ridiculous amount of hours walking around New York City. We’ve had our fights, cries, and laughs, but I couldn’t picture doing any of this with anyone else.

He is my best friend, my rock, and the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, god willing. We have been there for one another through endless amounts of finals, library days, and LSAT and GRE freak outs. We have graduated from our university and are in the process of getting our lives together, bit by bit. I will be starting law school in September and he will start going for his PhD a year from now. Though we will be farther away from one another, our love will always bring us together and I couldn’t have asked for a better man to spend these last crazy four years with. We’ll be starting a new scary journey, but I know we’ll be fine as long as we have one another… and lots of good food. We’re pretty big on eating. ♥


See the first Love Stories entry here! If you would like to submit your story, please send an e-mail to lovestories@shopruche.com. You may attach up to 5 photos, and we welcome creativity! Please try to keep your stories to a 1200 word limit. You will receive an e-mail when your story is selected. 

4 comments:

Michelle Guzman said...

This is such a fun love story!! I love it. Funny how an awkward moment can turn into a beautiful thing! :)

Unknown said...

i absolutely adore this! :)
it's so cute and fun. i wish you two the very best! i'm in the process of a long distance relationship as well.

come and check out my blog when you get the chance!
http://iloveyouvalentine.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

It IS romantic! Love it! I even got a bit teary eye. I think I'm getting sappy as I age. Can't wait to read more...
-celia-

Stefany said...

Thank you Ruche for featuring my love story! :)